There's Magic Out There: February Play and Learn 2013

March 06, 2013

February Play and Learn 2013

In February we tried to go to Play and Learn more often but sadly we didn't get to. We did get lucky enough to be able to go the day before Valentines day and had lots of fun! That morning we woke up bright and Early making our way to our Beautiful Downtown San Antonio. 
Dont you love the Riverwalk in the morning?
We hopped on a trolley and got to The Central Library. 
February Play and learn was adorable! The theme was red (I like to think in honor of Valentines Day). Here is a glimpse of the fun we had:

I knew we were going to be able to make it so I wanted to make a quick treat for the rest of the kids there. The night before I had put a variety of candy in little treat bags and then I made a heart out of cardboard and used it as a pattern to make hearts out of construction paper. On the hearts I wrote Happy Valentines Day and on the back I wrote from my munchkin. I tied them with ribbon and ta-da! Treat bags done. It was cute to see munchkin give them out to the kiddos. 
The play and learn started off with a story and an Ice breaker (Ants in pants game). Munchkin loves it because they make it interactive for the kids. 
We then went off to do the various activities available. 
They had BIG books for the kids to look through and toys that matched that book to make it more interactive such as "Growing Vegetable Soup"  with all the veggie toys. And "The Very hungry caterpillar" along with a huge caterpillar and the foods he ate. It was so cute and even more fun!
They also set up what looked like a car wash except with hearts! They put the blue path so kids would walk on it but instead my munchkin used it as a food conveyor strip. 
We had a great time at the Library (Yes his shirt says Handsome little Devil) and picked up some fun books and even got to take home a Free Book "Baby eye like" for attending that day! How great is that? Its going to our home library! Have you been to your local library lately? Be sure to check out yours and have lots of fun! 

Want to see our other Play and Learn Visits? Here they are with themes:

Visit #1 Welcome!
Visit #2 Body parts, bones themed
Visit #3 Animal themed
Visit #4 Music themed
Visit #5 Halloween themed
Visit #6 Home themed
Visit #7 Dinosaur Day!
Visit #8 Building themed
Visit #9 The 5 senses themed
Visit #10 Under The Sea themed


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I love all your pictures. It always amazes me how beautiful Texas really is. Thank you for sharing. That activity looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you guys had a lot of fun together I love your pictures :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Fashion by Independent Designers for Your Little darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures. looks like a lot of fun. wish we had more here for my son.


    -amie
    www.anotherordinaryday.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!