There's Magic Out There: Christmas Tree Handprints & Lights

December 18, 2012

Christmas Tree Handprints & Lights

We needed some Christmas cheer in this house so I looked at different Christmas crafts we could do and found these fun and easy crafts.

Christmas Tree Handprints:

Materials:
  • Green paint
  • paper that you can tape together to make a big sheet (depending on your handprint size and how many levels you want to go)
  • accessories like stickers of ornaments and gifts
  • markers/color pencils to make details and ornaments
  • Glitter for the Star and ornaments
Directions:
  1. You glue together sheets of paper (depending on the size of your munchkins tree you want to make)
  2. You color your munchkins hand green!
  3. Then pick a starting spot and start making your tree layers with handprints (put them as close to each other as you want the green to go depending on your look)
  4. You can now make the tree your own! Make a string of lights, ornaments, presents at the bottom, even a background like stockings. Ask your child to draw his family beside it or make it fun with Santa! Let your childs creativity run wild!

We hanged up munchkins Handprint tree on the door next to our Christmas Tree so its in a festive place. It makes me smile when I walk by it. You could even get a frame from Goodwill and make it into a keepsake!

We then made a simple and cute string of lights with fingerprints

Materials:
  • Paper
  • small amounts of different colors of paint
  • A pen or a marker
Directions:
  1. On your Piece of paper make a string with a pen or marker where you are going to attach the lights to. You can give it twists and turns or even tangles to make it fun and original
  2.  Then take your munchkins fingers and start making some lights in various patterns or just one color
  3. With a pen or marker attach the lights to the string with details or just leave it as is along the string.
  4. You can display them as is or get a frame from Goodwill and keep it as a keepsake. I saw one person even used it as gift wrapping paper to add a more personal touch to the gift.
Here are my munchkins string of lights (we made so many of them)
I got the idea for the Christmas tree handprints on pinterest here and the string of lights I saw here.

Hope you have fun spreading the Holiday cheer! Happy Holidays!
Follow on Bloglovin

28 comments:

  1. I still have this tree from when my daughters were ion kindergarden...19 yrs ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) I found you through the blog hop. The handprint Christmas tree is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am your newest follower you have really good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute craft idea for children! I love it!

    -Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alvina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the handprint tree! New follower stopping through from Bloggy Moms:)
    Shawna B.
    http://www.busymomibee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the follow! I am going to check yours out

      Delete
  7. What a cute craft! Love it! Thanks for following I followed back :)

    Summer x

    http://ohsummercandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever!!! I am going to do this with my grandchildren. It will be a great way to keep them busy!!! I am your newest follower from the Aloha Blog hop!! I also followed you on Twitter. Have a Simply Heavenly New Year!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Wish I'd thought of this when my daughter was young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alvina!
    Thanks for the follow! I hope you enjoy the posts. Guaranteed to make you laugh! Following you back on Twitter and FB.
    Happy new year!
    Katie from Dysfunction Junction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for following! I am going to head over there

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the string of lights! These are such fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love them because there my munchkins, anything he makes is awesome to me.

      Delete
  13. I'm stopping by from Bloggy Moms. I love these handprint crafts. My sons and I did a Halloween themed one this year where we used their feet to make white ghosts on a black background. We added a moon, a little bit of grass, and whatever else my older son wanted to add. It turned out so well. If you're in the mood for a snarky laugh, check out my comedy blog at www.trashyblog.com. Glad to have connected with you, and I'm looking forward to seeing more ideas when I follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love handprint crafts too! We made the candy corn footprints and the spider handprints. Check them out: http://theresmagicoutthere.blogspot.com/2012/10/getting-in-halloween-spirit-with-crafts.html

      and Thankyou! Will be stopping by

      Delete
  14. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. Cute blog, I can't wait to read more!
    -Melanie@ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!